Make G-Mart your home for comics!
G-MART COMICS RESPONSE TO THE COVID-19 CRISIS
(May 19, 2020)
UPDATES (May 19, 2020):
- Diamond Comics restarted distribution of new weekly comics on May 20, 2020 (after temporarily ceasing distribution of new weekly comics on April 1, 2020)
- DC Comics released a small number of new weekly comics via alternate distribution channels on April 30, May 6, and May 13, which we obtained for our subscribers and have for sale online
- Diamond Comics did take Pre-Orders for May and June, but release dates will be adjusted as the industry catches up
- We have revised guidance for subscribers and shipping schedules (details below)
SUMMARY: G-Mart Comics has adjusted operations in response to the COVID-19 crisis and Illinois "Stay At Home" Executive Order 10:
- Online Shopping: shipping of subscriptions, new issues, and back issues continues as normal and with extra safety precautions (subscriber details below)
- Chicago, IL: in-store shopping is closed, but curbside pickup is available (details below)
- Champaign, IL: in-store shopping is closed, but curbside pickup is available (details below)
G-Mart Comics is still open for business!
G-Mart has been in operation since 1995, and we plan
to safely weather this global health crisis while continuing to provide
many of the services our customers have come to expect.
To that end, G-Mart Comics staff are taking extra precautions to protect themselves and you from exposure risk:
- Moratorium on customers inside our retail stores
- Minimal staff at our warehouse and retail stores (working from home as much as possible)
- Frequent washing of hands and surfaces
Online Shopping customers can still make purchases online and expect them to ship as normal, although delivery times may be slightly longer due to factors outside of our control. It's a great time to catch up on recent issues, back issues, and graphic novels!
Diamond Comics has resumed distribution of new weekly comics on May 20, 2020, after a temporary pause that started April 1, 2020. Here is guidance for our subscribers:
- There will be a catch-up period while publishers restart their product pipelines and re-establish regular schedules. For example, Marvel Comics has a revised schedule effective May 27, 2020.
- DC Comics released a small number of new weekly comics via alternate distribution channels on April 30, May 6, and May 13; we did obtain these for our subscribers
- Diamond did take Pre-Orders for May and June, with an understanding they would likely be delayed/adjusted but not canceled, so subscribers do have firm Pre-Orders for May and June; we will make whatever adjustments are needed along the way to ensure subscribers get what they want when the comics are eventually published
- Diamond will likely skip July Pre-Orders and go straight to August Pre-Orders to help re-establish schedules after the industry pause; again we will ensure subscribers get all comics published with no gaps
- Reminder that G-Mart Comics makes a strong commitment to our subscribers: when the comics are published we will get them for you!
- For all subscribers: new weekly comics have resumed, and now we all get to see the new adventures!
- For shipping subscribers the pause in new weekly comics disrupted the monthly shipping schedule (though less than we expected); we have guidance for shipping subscribers now that new weekly comics have restarted:
- Option #1: If you took over Manual Control of shipping:
- Wait until enough items have arrived that you are ready to resume shipping, then push the "request shipping now" button on the Items Ready For Shipping page and they will be shipped in the next weekly shipping cycle
- Then also put your shipping choice back to an automated option, for example Every 1 Month
- Option #2: If you did nothing:
- Your shipping will resume according to your settings as new weekly comics are released
- The first resumed shipment might be smaller than normal due to the paused weeks with no new comics; if you are unhappy with the timing or cost of this shipment then please contact customer service for an adjustment
- Option #3: Ask for help firstname.lastname@example.org
- NOTE: As a thank you during these difficult times, shipping subscribers can ask for their next shipment to be free!
- Wait until AFTER your next shipment, then contact email@example.com to request the free "thank you" (wait until AFTER so we know the amount to credit back)
- Expedited/Express subscribers are limited to a maximum $10 credit
- International subscribers are limited to a maximum $10 credit
In-store shopping at Chicago and Champaign retail stores is currently closed by the Illinois "Stay At Home" order, but we have guidance for how to adjust:
- Chicago and Champaign retail stores are presently operating curbside pickup (and respecting distancing requirements while doing so)
- Comic books, board games, etc can be purchased over the phone with a credit card; the clerk will then bring your purchases to the door
- Subscribers can phone when outside the store; the clerk will bring your Pre-Orders to the door
- Please allow for busy signals due to heavy phone traffic
- Local Pickup subscribers are encouraged to consider temporarily switching their subscriber accounts to Shipping; email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about doing so
- Same-day pickup is not available for online back issue purchases
As always, please let us know if you have any questions.
And stay healthy out there!
Chicago, IL curbside pickup:
Champaign, IL curbside pickup:
Customer Service for all other questions:
Copyright © G-Mart Comics. All rights reserved.