Make G-Mart your home for comics!
G-MART COMICS RESPONSE TO THE COVID-19 CRISIS
(April 2, 2020)
SUMMARY: G-Mart Comics has adjusted operations in response to the COVID-19 crisis and Illinois "Stay At Home" Executive Order 10, and to Diamond Comics decision to temporarily cease distribution of new weekly comics:
- Online Shopping: shipping of subscriptions, new issues, and back issues continues as normal and with extra safety precautions (subscriber details below)
- Chicago, IL: in-store shopping is closed, but curbside pickup is available (details below)
- Champaign, IL: in-store shopping is closed, but curbside pickup is available (details below)
G-Mart Comics is still open for business!
G-Mart has been in operation since 1995, and we plan
to safely weather this global health crisis while continuing to provide
many of the services our customers have come to expect.
To that end, G-Mart Comics staff are taking extra precautions to protect themselves and you from exposure risk:
- Moratorium on customers inside our retail stores
- Minimal staff at our warehouse and retail stores (working from home as much as possible)
- Frequent washing of hands and surfaces
Online Shopping customers can still make purchases online and expect them to ship as normal, although delivery times may be slightly longer due to factors outside of our control. It's a great time to catch up on recent issues, back issues, and graphic novels!
Diamond Comics has temporarily ceased distribution of new weekly comics, but we have guidance for our subscribers:
- New weekly comics are temporarily paused as of April 1 (sadly not an April Fools joke)
- Our internal guess is the pause will last for approximately 6 weeks (no official announcements have been made)
- Diamond did take Pre-Orders for May, with an understanding they would likely be delayed/adjusted but not canceled, so subscribers do have firm May Pre-Orders; we will make whatever adjustments are needed along the way to ensure subscribers get what they want when the comics are eventually published
- We are currently accepting Pre-Orders for June, though with uncertainty about delays/adjustments and potential cancellation/re-solicitation; again we will make any necessary adjustments along the way to ensure subscribers get what they want
- Reminder that G-Mart Comics makes a strong commitment to our subscribers: when the comics are published we will get them for you!
- So it does make sense to place new subscriptions -- new weekly comics will resume, and we all want to see the new adventures!
- For existing subscribers the pause in new weekly comics will disrupt the monthly shipping schedule, but we have guidance for subscribers to adjust shipping:
NOTE: we are expecting automatic shipping to be very busy when new weekly comics restart (we will have to ensure that all monthly subscribers don't ship the same week!), and we are tentatively planning to help ease this transition by making the first shipment free after new weekly comics restart -- also this will be a thank-you to our shipping subscribers!
- Option #1: You can always take over Manual Control of shipping until new weekly comics are restarted:
- To ship your comics now push the "request shipping now" button on the Items Ready For Shipping page and they will be shipped in the next weekly shipping cycle
- Or to temporarily stop shipping change to Manual Control; later you can change back to automatic shipping after new weekly comics restart
- Option #2: Do nothing!
- We will continue to run the weekly/monthly shipping cycle so you can receive one more automatic shipment (if your settings allow), just with a smaller-than-normal size since new weekly comics are paused
- Customers who have selected FREE or a minimum dollar amount will effectively be on hold since new weekly comics are paused; if you want shipping then push the "request shipping now" button, or else wait until new weekly comics restart and the FREE/minimum amount is met
- Option #3: Ask for help firstname.lastname@example.org
In-store shopping at Chicago and Champaign retail stores is currently closed by the Illinois "Stay At Home" order, but we have guidance for how to adjust:
- Chicago and Champaign retail stores are presently operating curbside pickup (and respecting distancing requirements while doing so)
- Comic books, board games, etc can be purchased over the phone with a credit card; the clerk will then bring your purchases to the door
- Subscribers can phone when outside the store; the clerk will bring your Pre-Orders to the door
- Please allow for busy signals due to heavy phone traffic
- Local Pickup subscribers are encouraged to consider temporarily switching their subscriber accounts to Shipping; email email@example.com with any questions about doing so
- Same-day pickup is not available for online back issue purchases
As always, please let us know if you have any questions.
And stay healthy out there!
Chicago, IL curbside pickup:
Champaign, IL curbside pickup:
Customer Service for all other questions:
Copyright © G-Mart Comics. All rights reserved.