Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What are
Pre-Orders and how do I save 35%?
- The key to saving 35% on new comic books is to place
Pre-Orders. A Pre-Order means you buy the comic book 2 months
before it is actually published. This is a very important point so we
will say it again: a Pre-Order means you buy the comic book 2
months before it is actually published. Pre-Orders go on a monthly
cycle, so comic books ordered this month will be published and ready
for shipping in two months. Comic book publishers like Pre-Orders
because they know exactly how many copies to print, and similarly
G-Mart likes Pre-Orders because we know exactly how many copies to
buy for our customers. Pre-Orders reduce our risk, and we reward
our customers by giving huge discounts on Pre-Orders.
Pre-Orders be paid for in advance?
- Yes. The key to huge discounts is guaranteeing the sale,
and payment in advance is required to guarantee the sale. If you choose
to pay by credit card then G-Mart must receive your credit card
information before the order deadline or else your Pre-Order will
be canceled. If you choose to pay by check then G-Mart must receive
your check before the order deadline or else your Pre-Order will be
- Are the
discounts on Pre-Orders really
- Yes, with a few exceptions. Comic books from the major
publishers such as Marvel, DC, Image, and Dark Horse receive 35%
discounts. Comic books from smaller publishers typically receive 30%
discounts. Other items such as t-shirt, posters, toy, games, and
novelties have various discounts and must be examined on an
item-by-item basis. The important point is that the discounts do not
follow a plateau structure where you must place a big order to get a
big discount; everyone gets the same huge discounts!
- Is there
a minimum Pre-Order?
- No, there is no minimum Pre-Order. However, you should
be aware that shipping can eat up some of the discount depending on the
shipping options you choose and the size of your order.
- How do
- Subscriptions at G-Mart are slightly different than
traditional magazine subscriptions. Subscriptions are not bought for an
entire year at a time, but rather are automatically ordered for you on
a monthly basis. Subscribing to a title means that a Pre-Order
will automatically be placed for you every month, subject to you
keeping your account in good standing. Of course you may manually fine
tune the Pre-Orders, so subscriptions should be viewed as a
convenient safety net so you don't accidentally forget one of your
favorite titles. It is still expected that members should visit the
G-Mart WWW site every month to approve their Pre-Orders.
G-Mart strongly recommends subscriptions so you always get the titles you want.
Remember when you begin a subscription the first book won't arrive for at least
2 months (see above question about Pre-Orders). Subscriptions are
not available for small publishers that do not publish reliably.
items do you sell?
- We sell comic books, magazines, books, t-shirts, trading
cards, posters, games, toys, videos, novelties, and many strange items
related to pop culture. We sell everything from an industry wholesale
magazine for comic book shops called "Previews".
about back issues?
- G-Mart has a large selection of recent issues and back
issues for sale online. Not all items are listed online yet; if you
don't see what you're looking for please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
describing what you would like to buy.
- What if I
miss an order deadline?
- First, we encourage you to request e-mail reminders before
the order deadlines to help you remember to order. Second, we encourage
use of subscriptions for titles you know you want; subscriptions are
automatically ordered for you even if you never login during a month.
If you nevertheless do miss an order deadline, or even if you just
forget to order something, we have a large selection of recent issues
and back issues for sale online where you can buy what you missed.
Contact customer service for assistance in recovering from missed
- How does
shipping work? What's this about
- G-Mart ships throughout the USA and to most countries
worldwide. You may select options for shipping frequency (weekly,
monthly, etc.), shipping level (economy, express, etc.), and shipping
protection (default packaging, individual bags/boards, etc.). G-Mart
lets you customize shipping to meet your individual needs. G-Mart
rewards its regular customers by offering subsidized shipping on comic
books, including free shipping for USA shipments of comic
books with value greater than $85. Unfortunately international shipping
is considerably more expensive and G-Mart is unable to offer a free
deal to its international customers. Details are available through the
(USA and international)
condition do comic books arrive in?
- G-Mart pays special attention to comic book condition;
G-Mart is owned and operated by collectors like you.
Boxes are packed very carefully to protect the comic books to ensure
they reach you in satisfactory condition.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR COLLECTORS: If you are a collector
who cares about condition then the single most important thing you should
do is CHOOSE BAGS/BOARDS because they are the single most
effective method to protect comics during shipping:
comic book protection
Back issues are checked for "new" condition and some items
are graded where appropriate.
You can even choose the condition for your new subscriptions / pre-orders:
comic book conditions
G-Mart a real business? Can I trust G-Mart?
- Yes! G-Mart is a real business based in Chicago, IL, with
a history selling online since 1995 and with thousands of customers
all over the world. We operated retail stores from 1996-2023 in
and from 2007-2023 in
but in 2023 we decided to refocus exclusively on being the best
"Virtual Comic Shop" we can be!
Everyone who works at G-Mart is a comic book fan, and we
bring a high level of service and commitment to our online store.
We strive to give our customers a great deal -- you can definitely
- What is
the order cancellation policy?
- Pre-Orders are not cancellable because they help the
publisher set print runs; once an order is placed a copy of the book is
printed specifically for you and can't be undone. In rare circumstances
back issue orders can be canceled, but will be subject to a 15%
restocking fee (minimum $2 fee).
- What is
the return policy?
- Comic books are collectible items and in general are not
returnable. If items are damaged during shipping or other special
circumstances please contact customer service to arrange for
replacement or refund.
- What is
- G-Mart strongly believes in defending the privacy of our
customers. We do not share customer information with anyone, unless the
customer has explicitly requested marketing or promotional
considerations related to comic books. We do not send e-mail to
customers unless specifically requested or directly relevant to
- Is this
web site secure?
- We try our best to keep this web site secure. We use SSL to
prevent eavesdropping of transmitted customer information, and our
computer systems protect stored customer information.
- How to reach customer service?
- G-Mart is strong committed to customer service! We want to make
your time with us a good experience!
- My Economy shipment hasn't arrived yet. Is it lost?
- We are sorry that your order hasn't reached you yet!
Most shipments reach the customer in 2-8 business days for Economy shipments, but in rare instances they will take longer. Economy shipments are particularly affected by the continuing delays in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic.
After 45 days, we are able to file a claim with the postal carrier if the package has not been marked delivered. If this happens, please email email@example.com with your customer number and we'll take it from there.
Thank you for your patience!
- My Economy shipment tracking hasn't updated for 1-2 weeks. Is it lost?
- Our Economy shipments use UPS Mail Innovations, a UPS and USPS collaboration. UPS picks up these orders from our warehouse and delivers them to a USPS regional sorting facility near your local post office. Once received, USPS completes the delivery. This normally takes 2-8 business days, but in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic we are seeing disruptions where package tracking gets "stuck" with no movement for 1-2 weeks. It is quite rare for packages to be completely lost, but we are seeing delays of days or weeks, and sometimes over 30 days.
We are working to add options where customers can choose to pay more for a service with a guaranteed delivery window and insurance, but until those options are ready we do want customers to be aware of the risks and tradeoffs involved with using Economy Shipping.
- We do not have any information beyond what tracking shows!
- Please do not contact us until 45 days have elapsed from the date of shipment! (that is when we can take action on a lost package)
- However, you can file reports of "Help Request / Missing Mail" with the USPS and they will conduct official investigations to try to locate the package.
- We recommend if you see 1-2 weeks of no motion in tracking then start the "Help Request / Missing Mail" options
- If the package is still missing after 45 days then contact firstname.lastname@example.org to declare it lost.
Thank you for your patience!
Copyright © G-Mart Comics. All rights reserved.